Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Side Dish Side Note.....



Meant to mention with the Spicy Beans blog - this side salad was super cheap and super tasty. I know making pasta salad from 'scratch' is a snap - but when I saw boxes of Suddenly Salad on sale for 98 cents a box, I grabbed 2 for a super-duper fast side dish to go along with the beans and salmon. But I wanted to boost it just a bit, you know? I wished I'd had feta cheese on hand as this was a new 'limited edition Greek Style' Suddenly Salad - but I didn't . Howebver, I DID have string cheese and tomatoes! So....
I sliced up two string cheese sticks and one roma tomato (and coulda put in extra sliced olvies but I hate'm) and it jazzed up the salad quite well! Makes it look a little more homemade - and taste a little richer and more flavorful. You can add whatever you like to these box mixes - good way to use up leftovers! Have fun with'em!

No comments: