Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Looks good enough to eat.....

After I made mini turnovers on Sunday (see a post or two below), I made these! If you haven't figured it out yet, I have a food OBSESSION ;-) I think about food pretty much 24/7, so making tiny foods out of Sculpey/Fimo, is totally up my alley. Clearly, I was thinking about sweets on Sunday as no meat-n-taters was formed from the colorful clay - but I can pretty much bet some pizza slices and s'ketti will be sculpted soon! Food items aren't the only things I like to make....but they are the most fun - everyone likes miniature nibbles! They saturate the marketplace!On a recent birthday, I got a gift certificate to Joann's Super Store from my mom and I quickly went out to buy new clay blocks and a pasta machine for clay work as well. I could hardly wait to get my hands on the fresh, bright, soft blocks so I could get busy molding the images that were in my head. I think this chocolate cake almost looks good enough to eat! Doesn't it look so totally chocolatey?!? Makes me crave a big ol' glass of ice cold milk!
Although I'm not a huge blueberry fan, I had to make this blueberry pie. But dang....that sucker took tons of tiny balls! My fingers were tired! And then to make a cherry pie too?! I was clay-crazy!
I'm not making these tiny treats just for fun - this past spring our neighborhood had a street faire. I sold cookies-n-creme truffles (see recipe post around 11/08) and I'm happy to say they were a hit! As soon as we sold out I knew I wanted to participate in next year's faire but wanted to sell something people could buy and keep - not just eat. I'd made magnets from baking clay before and knew right away I wanted to do so again. It's a great hobby and fun to do while my husband watches football - I like the sound in the background - sounds like fall :-) Anyway...I'll attatch magnets to the backs of these and all the other ones that I create over the coming weekends. It's so fun to have a project to do - especially once the rain comes...makes me feel cozy... I can't wait to see what my hands make next!

No comments: