Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Macarons - Part 4....

My last filling was chocolate ganache. I’ve made ganache many times but this seemed thin to me. So, like the caramel sauce, I put some ganache in a bowl and whisked in some powdered sugar and made a creamy icing….(that's the leftover icing in the small container)...
…then filled the cookies…..
…and topped them off!
All three delicate macarons in each flavor - pour picture quality here - they look washed out :-(
After all the cookies had been filled and I'd cleaned up, I just happened to check the ganache and noticed it HAD set up! I couldn’t scrape off the chocolate icing fast enough!
I then put a creamy, chocolaty dollop of ganache on each half……
…and retopped them. SO much better!
Mmmmm…this one is peanut butter. Crisp on the outside, tender, moist and chewy on the inside - and the salted pb….a perfect compliment to the sweet cookie shell.
The final result! Delightful, delectable macarons! I cannot wait to make them again! Scary? Not half as much as blogs can make them seem. Just be prepared, study up and tackle them! They are SO worth it!

Here’s the recipe – all the instructions can be followed as told above. And I’m only giving the peanut butter filling recipe since the ganache and salted caramel didn’t turned out as they should’ve.
Macarons
250 grams of almond powder
450 grams of powdered sugar
40 grams cocoa
200 grams of egg whites
50 grams of white sugar

Salted Peanut Butter Filling
125 grams creamy peanut butter
70 grams powdered sugar
25 grams softened butter
25 grams heavy cream
5 grams vanilla extract
3 grams fine sea salt
Whip all ingredients together and cover (and chill if necessary) till ready to use.

No comments: